Monday, April 6, 2015

Personality Defects


I personally have a disbelief in the idea of social mental disorders. I believe such mental challenges are personality defects. By socially mental disorder, I mean individuals that act awkward, cannot communicate effectively, have some sort of perceived mental disability or are perceived as socially awkward. Although mental disorders are relevant in the mind, I believe an individual should not be judged or judge themselves based on the idea of being mentally defected. I believe if one perceives themselves as being socially mentally defected will acts or become influenced by their condition and will never have the opportunity to better themselves or get out from that disabled mindset. I believe by thinking one is socially mentally defected they will set themselves up to staying that way if not getting worst over time. For this reason I want to state this condition as a personality disorder, because by looking at it from this angle one will see they do have control over their actions and behavior and can influence a change in themselves to make themselves more socially engaging.

I also believe that those who feel extremely socially awkward should also take in the consideration to be very polite to others. Being polite allows for a sense of humility which puts the perceived individual on such a level that allows them to be socially accepted.  When I meet a person for the first time I can become very shy. Often when I become very shy I cannot communicate effectively. In fact I rather just nod or not say anything at all. When I do say something, I try to be very polite. I do this to distance my insecurities. It also shows humility which can be very influential in some cases. When I become too tired, I also find myself lacking in communication. When this happens I try to retreat in conversation, otherwise I feel like I would be lying, hiding something, or I’m uncertain of myself. I’m not sure why this is, I could perceive this as a neurological disorder, but with a change in environment or attaining of new stimuli I find myself breaking out of that habit. I think this could be a great example of me seeing this as a personality disorder and using that idea to change my mindset.

If I may extend to discussing something more personal regarding the topic, I do find this as an insecurity when looking at females or interacting with peers and individuals of greater status than myself. If I may add more about how I feel towards females, I would like to state that I do feel torn between two worlds when it comes to desiring a female. I feel like I should have a companion in life that extends the outreach of having pleasure in life; however, at the same time I feel like I don’t want to be a burden in someone else’s life by bringing them misery. I feel as if they can always find a better person then me. For this I accept the idea of staying alone and having the desire to devote my efforts in my goals, travels, and my career.

No comments:

Post a Comment