Wednesday, June 24, 2015

My Self-Created Reality VS the Objective Reality



I can honestly say I live in reality but don’t consider it my reality. This doesn’t mean I choose to live in a completely fictional word of my own imagination or hobbies, it just means that I find more value in my self-created environment then having to endure the participation of living in an objective reality. Nevertheless, over a period of time, I have come to realize there is a level of disconnection of how I want to see my reality because of how the objective reality is vastly erratic (both structured and unstructured) and uncontrollable by nature. I feel perhaps there's a level of detachment because it’s far from the reality where I long to live in. I believe it’s important to state that the objective reality seems to interest me very little because of such undesired conditions, such as bad events, negative influences, unprecedented dangers, and obstructions by the works of others; not to mention subjected to the judgments and conditions of comparing oneself to other individuals and variants set forth by inescapable cultural values. Perhaps the hidden reason is that there seems to perhaps be of no place or relevance for individuals such as myself or a position in which I can be most useful. Such a position would most likely have to be self-discovered and self-attained; therefore, I would like to state that I feel my personal reality lies elsewhere. I believe the reality I find most comfortable and enjoyable is the reality that is in my mind, that of which I create in my art, entrepreneurial ideas, and my stories. I personally consider my stories to be my home or a sacred place where I am able to always visit or find an escape from the objective reality. These are ideas and place others cannot obstruct or negatively influence. If the objective reality were to have the same level of engagement and comfort as that of my self-created reality then participating in the objective reality would be much enjoyable. However, dealing with an objective reality where one cannot find equal enjoyment, feel restricted, cannot express oneself completely, and encounters judgment by others, a fictional world within oneself is much more appealing. Not to sound pitiful, but I joke around with my brother telling him if I were to ever be locked up, imprisoned, or held captive, I would be fine because in my imagination, thoughts, art and literature, I would always have a place to explore. Nevertheless, it seems logical to have a balance of both the self-created reality and the objective reality.  After all, no one can strictly live on idea, thoughts, and imagination alone. 


Art by: jennaleeauclair at jennaleeauclair.deviantart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment