Friday, October 23, 2015

My Idea to Improve Paying Taxes

I had an idea for a possibly improved tax system. Although I’m not loyal to any political party, I do find tax reform a great idea. Taxes as they are, are way too complicated. Simply trying to understand taxes from a personal perspective and a small business perspective seems impossible when alone and trying to figure everything out for oneself. Therefore, I have come up with my own idea on what I think is an improved tax system. Foremost, I believe individuals should pay a flat tax of 15%, they can also invest more in their taxes if they so choose too and I will explain why. I believe paying taxes should be a fun or an exciting opportunity. Much like crowdfunding, I believe individual tax payers should have a large selection of projects they can choose to fund from the government, such as: necessary government projects, secret projects (perhaps using a non-disclosure agreement), military projects, grants, infrastructure, and other projects that our government are currently funding using tax payer money. The tax payers funding certain projects, perhaps can also receive rewards or recognition after a project has been successfully funded. This can perhaps be used as an incentive for tax payers to invest even more money paying for projects that interest them creating a sense of improving the quality of the country as a whole. In addition, perhaps paying taxes and choosing projects to fund can help unite people and give them a sense of growth in a country they love or can come to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment