Wednesday, February 4, 2015

The ideal self and thoughts about my own personal philosophy



It’s my belief one should become an independent thinker, have their own philosophy for life, and maybe create their own culture. Foremost, I think it’s critical to think for oneself. When one thinks for them self he or she gains the self-knowledge to piece things together, look at long term possibilities, and independently and critically thinks and analyze situations and modify the situation to their favor. By having the ability to independently think, I believe one could develop their own philosophy for life. This allows them to develop their own standards of morals, ethics, and how they want to choose to live their life without making references to the opinions and life styles of others. This leads to creating one’s own culture. I don’t believe just because you are part of a certain country’s culture means you have to be a part of country’s cultural values. I think it’s great to have references to one’s culture through cultural values, but I believe you should feel free to create your own cultural values as well. This could be your own personal tradition, life style preference, or unique characteristics that is not familiar with other individuals. I personally would like to see the bringing back of past mentalities because of how innocent things were. For example, I remember watching the sound of music and becoming delighted over the different and interesting character personalities. Continuing on, by maybe creating one’s own culture, one’s becomes extremely unique and interesting. In addition, by having the ability to freely think, I believe one’s interest and ability to think cannot be mainstreamed or controlled by mass commercialization. It’s my conspiracy or controversial idea that if mainstream outlets continue to fabricate content in which people grow into liking they could find ways to alter societies desires in what they find entertaining or justifiable when it comes to decision making. Controversially put, i think mainstream or commercialized outlets can create a unified thinking mindset, instead of an independent self interest mindset, that could be easy to manipulate or control. I think this could alter what people find moral and immoral or alter an individuals ideology or lifestyle. 




Moving on, I would like to discuss my thoughts about my own philosophy if it were to be utilized by others. I would like to state that perhaps my philosophy or views of life could be ahead of its time. The reason I believe this is because if utilized by an irrational or uncivilized society, individuals would become reckless and do as they desired because my philosophy talks about the possibility of not having a heaven. I think this would lead to the negative excuse to “live life to the fullest” or “YOLO” ideology, leading people to live irresponsibly, irrationally, and perhaps even barbarically. Nevertheless, my own personal philosophy implies the heavy use of ethics to accommodate and instigate doing what’s right, doing what’s common sense, and doing what’s in favor of social harmony.

No comments:

Post a Comment