Thursday, December 18, 2014

My Disbelief in Pills and My Unforgettable Experience Getting My Wisdom Teeth Removed


I disapprove on unnecessary use of pills and medicines. The reason being is because the body is use to things that are natural. It's possible or even conspiratorial that the drug industry makes billions of dollars in making drugs that could have unnoticed or overlooked side effects that could lead to more physical or mental problems. It's apparent that one doesn't always know what are inside drugs. Supposedly traditional pills are made of organic supplements that come from nature. These supplements are grinded and loaded into pill form which are then used to help a patient. Since science and chemistry has become more complex, it's not fully known what are in the pills more-less what are potential unknown, untested or long term side effects of a drug. It's my understanding that not all drugs have the same side effects on every patient. I do understand how some drugs are necessary for survival. I can respect that. I would also use drugs if my life depended on it. Nevertheless, this is the way I see the drug and medicine industry. I also believe much of the cures are not cured by drugs but cured by the mind. Imagine if a person took pain medication for what they thought was pain, but in reality it was a conditioned response from their emotional distress or unwillingness to want to feel better. I believe some medical cases can be resolved with psychological or even therapeutic help.

If i may share the past experience of mine, getting my wisdom teeth pulled, I want to insist it was one of the greatest experiences I've ever had. My brother and I were scheduled to get our teeth pulled during the same week. My brother had his teeth pulled and we drove him to the store to get his medication. My father, the one that when to pick up the medication, came out of the stored to find his windshield was cracked because of my brother's temper caused by him taking to long. He claims it was the medicine; however, knowing his temper, it's obvious it wasn't. When it was my turn to get my teeth pulled, the doctor laid me in a chair and we made jokes with each other about how i would wake up and become violent and could have the possibility of a rare case of amnesia. Of course it was a joke. Eventually, they covered my eyes with orange tinted classes and put a breather over my mouth, In around a minutes I had gone to sleep and the doctor went to work pulling my teeth. Later as I was waking up, I vividly remember waking up. I remember being fully conscious as if waking up in the morning. I remember feeling like i was covered in debris. Like i was digging through the rubble of a collapsed building. As the doctor operated and moved my head, I struggled to get through to the surface. Eventually the debris faded away and in my mind I began to talk to myself. I told myself to wiggle my right foot to let the doctor know I was awake. So I did and the doctor's assistant patted my shoulder to let me know I was getting taken care of. It was at this point the doctor was sewing up my gums.

After the operation was finished, the assistant gave me a wheel chair. She wheeled me out to the main hobby where i met my father and brother. I got up to go walk to the car, when i reached the door the assistant told me to return to the wheel chair because I was a liability if anything were to happen to me. So I walked back and sat down and enjoyed the thirty second ride to the car waiting outside. In no time we left the dentist office and went home.

My brother complained about the pain for days on end; however, I decided not to take the medicine. I decided to bear with the pain. After a couple hours the unbearable pain set in; however, to me it seemed as if a pain that was easy enough to bear. I tolerated the pain and played Minecraft. It took my brother four days using the medicine to stop the pain. As I was distracted by playing Minecraft, the pain subsided in just four hours. By the next day, I was already eating warm easy to chew chicken soup.
Having that entire experience, I feel like having my thoughts surpassing the pain helped me to overcome the pain and get rid of the pain quickly. Furthermore, I brag about how losing my wisdom teeth was one of the greatest experiences I have ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment