Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A Scene and Philosophical Revision of One's Life



After I completed a 3D project of mine, I sat on my desk and stared at my wall and white board. There is still so many thing I want to do and accomplish. I stood there staring and suddenly had the idea to step back from my own way of thinking and examine myself in the third person.

I stood looking at my desk and around my room and began philosophizing. If I was a stranger and I was looking around my room for the first time what would I think of myself? Immediately my attention turned towards the white board filled with Japanese sentences, kanjis, lists, and ideas. I began to read everything that I wrote and looked at the Japanese I had written on the board and disregarded its meaning as if it was symbols and drawing. It was difficult to point out my own stereotype, because there was so many thing that seemed ordinary and other things that didn’t quite fit any stereotype. The things that didn’t seem ordinary that caught my attention was the sword I had in the corner of my room, the wall full of artwork, and a realistic M4 A4 airsoft rifle in the other corner of my room. It seemed looking at myself in the third person, or god view, it was hard to tell who I was. This way of thinking led me to further meditate or see things from a different perspective as I began reviewing myself and what I had currently done so far in my life.

I took a couple steps back. I took in the view of my entire room and I thought to myself. This was the room of Stanley Janoski. He is a 26 year old college student living with his father. This is where he currently is in his life. Right now, he is desiring to accomplish a new project that will help him further his career. Recently he has accomplished making a new 3D art piece for his portfolio. He is very proud about what he has accomplished and where his skills have led him.

Almost like a cinematic I began walking around my room and as if a movie set on display. I walked around looking at all the objects I had in my room. I looked at the Japanese Boss coffee can I had sitting on my white board shelf and analyzed it with obsessed precision. I became fascinated by how I arranged things, what was going through my head when I wrote things on the board and how certain items I had interest in showed off what I liked.  

I looked around some more and took some time to look at my iphone, ipod and windows tablet I had lying on my desk. Then I looked around the room one more time. I thought about the idea of what if I was in the future and I took the time to go back to the past to look around my room in it’s present condition. Then I thought to myself, one day these things I have at this moment in time will all eventually be meaningless, worthless, and obsolete.  It fascinated me to think about how items could change in the future, but this is what they look like right now presently. After about half an hour of observing, analyzing and philosophizing, I sat on my bed and thought to myself. I’m a very interesting person, and to have the ideas to think the way I do about things, amazes me. It would be interesting for others to do the same. Then I had the idea that it would be interesting to stop and analyze someone else and review their bedroom. Perhaps I would find many interesting things I never knew about in another person. It would be interesting if this could somehow alter my view of them or see the unique characteristics they might have that no one knows about.

No comments:

Post a Comment