Friday, December 5, 2014

What demotivates me from going out into the world.


I feel that part of the culture in the United States is wired and geared towards working. We work to live instead of live to work. I feel it should be much more than that. I feel like working is great, but is it really necessary to work so much? It feels like work is an unintentional idle in our lives. Can’t we work for four to five hours a day with a very lenient schedule that makes enough money to pay for the cost of living and the possibility to easily afford materialistic luxuries? This is a world I would definitely love to take pride in and would feel honored to participate and be a conforming member. As of the moment it saddens me that it’s hard to find a job, it’s difficult to hold a job, the cost of living is expensive, the cost of education is expensive, and i suppose medical expenses can also be very costly. It’s no wonder people often feel like slaves of a tiring and demanding system. If I could I would love to reinvision the system. I would love to enjoy more liberties, like a more regulation-free transportation system where we don’t need to pay for mandatory insurance, have low maintenance costs, extremely low fuel costs , maybe unmandatory registration, and any other unnecessary legal actions; perhaps more  personal freedoms like walking to the corner store in my boxers or if interested skinny dipping in my own backyard without having to care if anyone is bothered by it; having the ability to create a business with little to no costs with unnecessary regulations; perhaps having the ability to choose if I want to give back to the community by paying taxes; maybe even the freedom to easily join a profession, educational, protection or research institution regardless of bureaucratic systems or meeting certain requirements so that I could learn by experience. These are a few ideas I can think of as of the moment. If the nation operated like this, I would feel very motivated to get out into the world and do amazing things with my life aside from the feeling of working away my life at a potential career, business or even relying on investments. As of now, such luxury would only be a reality in my own thoughts. It seems I have no choice but to conform to be what seems to me as an unjust system (of various potentially unnecessary laws that who knows created or relative to what political purpose) and find a way to survive in such a business oriented and government regulated world. I can only dream the future will be different and much better. Until then, I’ll keep thinking and dreaming.

... I guess it's the idea of what can be, compared to what is, for what it can become...

No comments:

Post a Comment