Saturday, December 27, 2014

My Modern Ideas to Create in the Future




Throughout my time in college, I have often spent a lot of time thinking and dreaming of things I wanted to do or make if I had money. There are many things I would love to start inventing and building as soon as I have money. Although some ideas are highly unlikely to be utilized, some ideas I have simply developed a devotion to implement as soon as I obtain an enough capital. I am sharing my ideas because I welcome others to take my ideas and develop them in case I am unable to do so.  


The Great North American Trail

This is by far my most ambitious idea that I cannot wait to develop as soon as I get enough capital. This idea features a paved road from Houston Texas all the way up to New York. This trail is free to use and it was made for people to walk and ride bikes all around the United States. It goes through various terrains and wilderness sights. It tries to stay away from suburban areas as much as possible. I was also thinking of adding quotes along the trail. One section for biblical quotes. Another section for Confucius quotes. Another section for my own quotes. Finally a section for famous quotes by movie stars, people in history, philosophers, and even videogames. Another idea would be to start with the beginning of history and end with the date in which the trail is complete. I suggest both ideas at the same time. In a way it can be somewhat of a pilgrimage to learning and understanding humanity. In addition, along the trail there will be many commercial stores, restaurants, and hotels for travelers to visit. I also want to include free log shacks along the path with pay phones for people to stay in.


Additional Vehicle Technologies

I came up with a couple vehicle technology ideas. Some are bad ideas and some are something you might possibly desire. My first idea is a device that allows a person to directly communicate to another person in another vehicle. In more detail, an individual in one care can use a device that physically points at another car and communicates by sending a transmission directly to the other car’s speakers. This can obviously be seen as a bad idea, especially in traffic. My second idea is the use of a banner that goes across the front or back upper or lower windshield to display messages to other cars. Although this can be very handy, it can also be severely abused. My final idea is an idea I like the most. It utilizes a transparent mat that fold across the inner front windshield of a car. Then a projector is set up on the dash. This can then be used as a hud (heads up display) to play games while driving on the road. For example, imagine playing a game where you shoot other cars and they explode as you go by them, or while sitting in traffic, using your phone as a gun and shooting virtual guys that pop out of the windows of other vehicles in front of you. With the use of a radio and music, driving can be the most fun part of the day, especially sitting in traffic.


The American Shinkansen (bullet train)

I think it would be an interesting idea to connect major cities in the US with the use of a Japanese made bullet train. These bullet trains can be used both above and below ground, and perhaps even in the ocean. This will allow people to travel to cities without the dangers of flying.


Ideas for Mobile Devices

I asked a cell phone service provider if they had plans for texting only services. Unfortunately, texting isn’t free. It would be interesting and maybe a good idea to make texting a free service no matter where you are, what device you have, and if possible without the need for internet service. In addition to that maybe the ability to text another person without knowing who you are. I thought this idea would be interesting for those who want to ask questions to others without wanting to be made known. It can also be used to get to know other people without the need for physical interaction.

Another idea I had was creating a device that could transmit and convert signals. This device could be used to get free internet or convert signals to get free radio and maybe television. I believe this device could be a bad idea because of the affects it would have to internet, radio, and television providers.

Another idea I came up with is something I call free-form information. This is having a device or application that leaves notes in simulated physical space. A scenario of this idea could be the following: imagine walking to a restaurant and to point your phone or look into the phone's camera feature to find notes or reviews of what other people left behind. You could even look at the menu or the restaurant's webpage. The core of this idea is to find information that could be left anywhere for others to read, visit, or share in a virtual or simulated- physical environment. 



Nerve Center Recreational Facilities

I often complain how Houston does not have anything to see, visit, or do without the use of money. I was planning to make certain facilities that anyone could visit that has plenty of free activities to do. I call these places nerve centers. These places are both large outdoor and indoor recreational facility like that on a cruise ship. It’s open 24 hours a day 7 days a week. All activities and food are free. This facility also allows sessions for inspirational talkers, teachers to teach free subjects, and hands on workshops. This facility would also be a good chance for companies and corporations to sponsor events.

In addition to this idea, there are couch areas with their own television sets, people can bring in game consoles or even host their own tournaments free of charge. Essentially, I want this the place to be for people of all walks of life to interact with each other and meet each other. I also want to include that I don’t mind if people live at this facility; however, it’s not a place for the homeless; nevertheless, there are showers and places for people to sleep. If I could imagine this facility I would like to think of it as an open miniature city or a city within a building where everything free.

I was also thinking of another facility that allows for artists to come together to display their work or create amazing art. It’s a place for painters to paint, modelers to model, animators to animate, and designers to design, and cooks to cook. Nevertheless, thinking about the nerve center idea, I can incorporate this idea into that idea and have a specific section for art.

Frugal-living cells

This idea I call cell-living is an idea I got for those who want to live around $200 a month. The idea starts with the purchasing of an air-conditioned storage facility and convert it into a small one room apartment. Some locations might even be as low as $100 a month as it only has electricity and restroom and baths separate. There are conditions however to renting a cell. The individual cannot take drugs and needs proof of a drug test, needs proof of productivity or proof of good community service, has no history of incarceration, and is open to adapting the culture of cell-living. The culture of cell-living is that of Asian origin. People living under these conditions need to adapt a sense of humble and respectable  etiquette for those around them. It's critical for an individual to develop a sense of harmony around others in tight areas. 

Homeless hotel

This idea comes with the idea of 3d printing houses. I had an idea where a extremely hard plastic can be made and be assembled into a homeless house. The location is no greater than a shed and has it's own built in bathroom with a water-rain collection system for toilet flush and a water hose connection for showers and sinks. The entrances are on the sides. There are two entrances front on back. A plastic light-penetrating wall shields the interior where there are five capsule hotel-like cells; top and bottom. On the interior wall is a shelf/basket which resembles a compartment like the ones behind a church bench. Inside the shelf are books, textbooks, newspapers, how to manuals, a bible, and other items possibly donated by locals. The book materials are also donated from second hand stores to be used to uplift and inspire homeless people to create, achieve, and learn new things. Although rather unnecessary, I would like to use my own ethics to teach the homeless how to be peaceful, do good, and keep harmony with each other. 

SOS meals on wheels

This is a service for the homeless and poverty which takes groceries that are thrown out by stores and loads them up to be given to the homeless and communities in poverty. 


Social Centers

I had an idea where people of all ages could come together and do social activities, art, and tutorials. This places can also be a place a person could come everyday and obtain resources like where to find a job, how to do thing, where to go for seminars, and other things related to entertainment and events. I think the location's biggest emphasis should be creating small businesses. Nonetheless, I always wanted a place to go and hang out and meet new people, especially meet people with similar interests or people i can do stuff with. I think since there are some shy people, introducing them to others is also a good idea. I also want it to be a place open to be whoever a person wants to be despite age and mentality. I think it would be cool to have people who are middle aged still have a connection with teenagers and communicate without any barriers. I think a place like this could connect people, create innovative ideas, and create opportunity in small business.  (I think I posted this idea before, but it's whatever.)




No comments:

Post a Comment