Thursday, January 22, 2015

My Idea of Healthcare and Similar Plans


I'm not too familiar on how everything works, but this is my idea for a fully functional common sense-like health care system. I would make a system that is like a retirement plan where a certain percentage of one’s paycheck will be added to his own health care fund. I would have it start with the current working generation. Seniors will use the existing system. One of what I believe to be a great reason of having this percentage transferred from one’s paycheck is, just like retirement, that the person won't notice they are paying into it. Maybe the same can be done for transportation insurance or other insurances. Moreover, if individuals have over a certain amount, then the system stops taking from one’s paycheck. Maybe if this amount is never used by the individual, it can be returned to the individual through their retirement or allocation to where the funding is needed. Maybe they can even get the option to transfer funding around or even remove if things get to desperate (perhaps they should pay a penalty for this). Through this idea, I believe it will simplify the system and get people to not feel burdened by it. Perhaps this can also be used to collect a certain amount on taxes from their paychecks and keep it at an extremely low flat rate.


No comments:

Post a Comment