Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The Proper Use for Curse Words


I believe curse words are highly unnecessary. Although I disagree with the use of curse words, I propose that the use of curse words can have proper use. To begin, I would think the use of excessive curse words can be very disruptive to some and relatively disturbing to others. I think excessive use of curse words displays immaturity, irrationality or one’s inner ugliness. It seems to me that people who use excessive curse words can’t seem to stop. Could it be possible to have an addiction to cursing? I hope not. Nevertheless, I too can be accused of such foul language. Although I’d like to think I rarely curse, I commonly find it suitable for situations I have no control of. It makes a good stress reliever. This leads me to how I think there are proper uses for curse words. I think it’s proper to use curse words for necessary emphasis. It's a good way to be heard, be taken seriously, and emphasize scale of a situation; not-to-mention, not often it can be used for comedic purposes or to lighten a situation. 

1 comment:

  1. Keep in mind that for some people, they might be actually using the words for emphasis already. They could also be using it as probably the only way to be heard because not all the time will they be taken seriously if they use "proper wordings." Plus, one must also take the time to understand what could be the possible reasons to their choice of words: past, family, etc.

    ReplyDelete