Sunday, January 11, 2015

The Worst Case Scenario


When I ever got depressed I would think to myself that the worst that could happen is that I could become a homeless person. Reflecting on that idea, I thought about what if I was already a homeless person. What would I do? Would I stand with a sign and look miserable while collecting change? The more I thought about this more creative I got. Being that I had all the free time in the world, my first idea would be to collect donations from smiles by collecting trash and either making an interactive and portable art display or make a costume out of trash. With these ideas I could either dance or do silly skits to earn cash. Another idea would be to get creative making signs. Write things that are humorous or write daily quotes that I hope would inspire people in traffic. In a sense, I would educate people by writing quotes. This hopefully would lead me to purchase a tent in which I could use to pitch anywhere I can with some sort of level of safety. I would also find a way to make it portable, and disguise it with a little bit of DIY engineering. I have a feeling I would be making many engineering marvels from scratch. If I ever needed to use the internet, I would get my wifi from free wifi hot sport, and find ways to document my experiences online and obtain useful information. However, when things get really bad, I would find a way to call relatives or get help from a local church. Nonetheless, being homeless, I would try to keep myself with some sort of fashion sense and maintain hygiene. Just because I’m homeless or far beyond poor doesn’t mean I have to dress or look like one. This leads me to thrift stores. There is always thing I can get in thrift stores for a ridiculously cheap price. Although it’s nothing too fancy, it’s enough to elevate my spirits. A good idea I had to make money besides beg, which i would leave as a final alternative would be to be a street performer. I think I would use items and even fake weapons and give it to someone to have them pose with it and then i would pose infront of them making a make beleive fight and get someone to take a picture of them, so they can make up a story for those they share with. Moving on, I’m sure there will be a change in my attitude for the expression of every homeless person speaks for itself. Because of this, I think it would be important to keep thinking positively, use humor, find ways to entertain myself by singing, and come up with ways to get back on my feet and start life over again. Nevertheless, the whole goal is to never become homeless in the first place. However, since I have such a creative imagination, I might as well use it to help make others happy. In return perhaps someone will return the favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment