Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Life and Influence of Culture



Life has no meaning… And without meaning, it has meaning. In other words life is whatever you make it. Life has no guidelines besides the rules created by man. Well unless of course to take in account the necessities to survive or religion. Nevertheless, there is no proper or set rule in which to live life. As mentioned in previous posts, I believe one should live to be and achieve happiness. I believe it’s right to respect what makes others happy, whether one may find it moral or immoral. If I may take a moment to be theatrical, disregard public opinion and  metaphorical, disturbingly and controversially state, I believe one should be kind to the prostitutes and respect the demons. Furthermore, it is my opinion that every individual is as if a book, their stories revealed page after page as their life unfolds; it’s my belief every book deserves to be respected; perhaps instead of criticizing the cover, it should also be read, there’s a good possibility one will discover knowledge and personal wisdom. Furthermore, it’s my belief life is about relationship, sharing, caring, learning and experiences.

Moving on, I believe it is a good idea to understand culture. It is quite possible one lives their entire life based on the idea of living by decisions put forth in society which is a byproduct of culture. I think culture influences an individual's behavior and the way they think. i think culture can be a good and can be bad thing. If I may examine the definition of culture, it is the arts and other manifestations of human intellectual achievement regarded collectively (collectively defined as the relatively spontaneous and unstructured behavior of people who are reacting to a common influence in an ambiguous situation, or done by people acting as a group). In sociology, culture is defined as the way of life of a society, or totality of what is learned by being a member of society. It’s wise to examine how culture, or even sub culture, influences oneself. One might be surprised how their behaviors, thoughts, attitudes and actions are influenced by culture or subcultures. Nevertheless, this is not necessarily a bad thing; however, it’s perhaps a good idea to understand the reasons and logic of what shapes an individual. In addition, I want to state if one manages to eliminate culture, I think by thinking freely and behaving free of cultural expectations, I think one can create their own culture. Nonetheless, it's questionable how this would make society rather unpredictable and random.

To understand more, here is a video I found in relation to understanding what I'm stating regarding culture and becoming a free thinker:
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment