Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Family, Parenting, Abortion, and Raising Children



Before I begin discussing the article, I would like to apologize in advance because I wrote this in a way that may seem very disorganized.


I believe family is the most important foundation one should have in their life. I believe the role of the father and mother are necessary for one to be complete psychologically. When a child is born it requires the love and attention of both parents. The father and mother are both important because I believe the offspring gains an example of what a functional relationship is like and obtains the needs for a healthy and balanced development. Of course in order for the child to have a good representation of a relationship, the parents need to find stability within their marriage. I would think in single parent households, or if an individual is being raised by grandparents (in a western society), it may be that the raised individual’s life feels incomplete or adapts a role in which can be unproductive to society or to their development into adulthood. Therefore, I stress the importance and magnitude of being a parent and having children.


Controversially, I have seen families that don’t care a lot of their young, mothers giving birth for personal gain and parents with lustful intent bring an unexpected children into the world. This saddens me. It saddens me even more to have the thought that some parents consider their children a nuisance or nothing more than a pet. I consider a child to be of upmost importance and should be well taken care of because they are the future of a society. I don’t think it’s right to commit acts that could lead to bearing children if one is not willing or prepared to raise and take care of then. If such an event is undesired, one should take proper measures to avoid unnecessary births. I believe it would be with good intention to sustain albescence or engage in protective sexual acts.  In addition, I personally do not believe abortion is right. I agree it is a females right; however, through the possibility of potentially creating another human being, I believe the idea that one can bring life into the world is and should always be considered sacred and rightfully respected. If a life is unexpectedly created, it should be cared for by another that can take proper care of that individual until they mature into adulthood. I do rather have a controversial suggestion idea that all undesired children should maybe be adapted into military culture and used to serve; however, this idea is highly debatable. Moreover, I’m sure the underlining reason for abortion is that some individuals want to engage in lustful acts or use their body in ways that maybe disregards the use of protection. Although it is their right to use their body any way they want, I believe they should do so in a more respectable manner to respect the potential giving of life. For those who look at this from an economic perspective, it is possible to have a functional society and possible for a female to use her body the way she wants and still maintain economic and population growth stability. I believe it’s possible to implement such a system that makes use of children put into adoption or find ways to encourage individuals from over populating. Nonetheless, by this time I’m sure there will be such technologies to sustain over growth of population if not the reanimation of mars or even possible space colonization.


Going back to discussing children, I believe it’s proper to have the essential needs and proper mindset necessary to bring a child into the world and be well equipped and informed when raising the life of that child. I believe a child that is given birth out of ignorance is to be a parent’s greatest sin.


There’s a saying that if one takes care of their children their children will one day take care of them. I believe this is to be true. It may be hard for a parent to raise their child, especially if their children, teenager, or young adult can be hard to tolerate. However, out of love and upheaval of family- culture tradition, one should take care of their offspring until their offspring feels prepared to go out into the world. In addition, if one’s offspring has great ambition that one can physically see, they should be helped, tolerated, and cared for until they are able to be in the position to go out and help themselves. However, if one’s off spring does not feel the need to leave, they should be reminded, encouraged, and perhaps pushed in positive ways to move out onto their own. If all rationality has failed, I believe it is necessary for them to be cast out into the world with the help of the entire family. It’s with great hope that they realize the good intention of their parents to do what is right for their offspring. Furthermore, having a stable foundation, I also believe it is important for one’s off spring to have the foundation to fall back on if they are in desperate need of help, would like to find ways to get ahead in life or to start their life over again. Thus, if I may quickly add, I think it’s out of tremendous respect and love of one’s family to respect one’s elders; be kind, compassionate, and caring; and take care of them until their time in this world is finished.


I believe it’s a parent’s duty to teach, explain, and guide their offspring. I think it’s with good intention that a parent teaches a child things that they themselves already know; such as things that might help them in life, how things work, what is right and wrong, and suggestions on what one should do in certain situations. In essence one is passing down one’s knowledge. Often I see parents force instructions onto their children in a very unnecessary way. For example, when I was at a restaurant, I observes a lady talk down to their kids in a very negative and rude way. I’m sure she was annoyed, however part of being a parent is knowing how to deal with your child in certain given situations. I believe there was a better way the lady could have dealt with her children then to treat them the way she did. It's most unfortunate children will be children and do what is in their nature. It’s with proper instruction and action that will help their children to behave and act accordingly. I think it's a good idea that such instructions should be researched if not asked by those with proper experience. In addition, I think there is a difference between forcing or pushing one to obey and instructing one properly to obey. In discipline, I think the use of force can be justifiable in the most extreme circumstances; however, I believe there are alternatives to disciplining a child. I think the best solution for children is to punish them and have them understand the reason why they are being punished. Or, instead of ordering instructions, have them understand why they should follow one's instructions. I also agree with the idea that if one’s child continues to disregard instruction (depending on the severity of the situation), they should be allowed to do as they please so that they can learn about the consequences for themselves. I think it is important to teach the power of decisions and consequences. A rather crazy idea would be to stage events that will allow a child to see the logic and guidance of their parent’s decisions.  Moreover, if a child is continuously disobedient, it’s most common that the problem resides in the parents. On such a case, a parent should reexamine their actions and behaviors to find a more logical, rational, and compassionate approach to dealing with their children and with their partner. It’s also a good idea to note that children learn by representation, they will mimic the traits of their parents; for this it’s wise for parents to set a positive example.  In addition, regarding parents, I would think there would have to be much self-discipline to understand that a child will make mistakes, act irrationally, and will not see things logically until they obtain a more matured frame of conscious. As stated before, it’s a parent who sets the example role for the future child family. What a child learns in the family will more than likely carry on with family of their own; therefore it’s best to set the best example possible.


An interesting idea I came up with is when raising a family, I believe it’s a great idea to have family traditions or unique family experiences that allows an individual to reminisce and reflect on past family events and allow for the possibility for one to have future family traditions, memories, and experiences to share with families of their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment