Thursday, January 1, 2015

My Most Heartwarming Moments



Throughout my life I have experience many heartwarming moments. My first heartwarming moments was in Brasil when I had a girlfriend. Her name was Gisele and I would sit with her during lunch and hang out with her friends. We would talk and walk around the school and she would hold my hand until it was time for class. Often she would hug me but twice she snuck kisses on my cheek. It was a very innocent relationship, but it was very heartwarming.


Another heartwarming moment I had when I was in a Brasilian middle school was at the end of a semester before summer vacation. Many of my friends that were girls, kissed me on the cheek. It’s common in Brasil to be kissed on the cheek, but the kisses on the cheek I received from these girls left a drunk-in-love heart-melting impression. I remember spacifically to girls, Bruna and Tachiani, both kissing my cheek at the same time when I least expected it. Tachiani’s little sister Talita, who was in my class, also sneakily kissed my cheek when I was at the town festival held in one of the town’s major park (Praca). I cherish these heartwarming moments to be some of the best memories I had when I was in middle school.


The next time I felt a nice heartwarming experience was when I was in high school. I had an interesting group of friends. They were either punk rockers or Utaku. I had a friend named Shane, who was a beautiful punk black girl, and an Anglo Hispanic girl named Sarah. I remember one time where I laid in the grass during the week of major exams called the taks test and Shane surprised me by laying on top of me. She put her hands on my chest, stared at my eyes and then laid her head on top of me. Sarah was another heart warming girl that would rest her head on my lap every time I sat in the halls waiting for class to begin. 

Later in high school and after I transferred to Carl Wunsche Acadamy, a very heart warming friend of mine, named Francis, who was very much in love with me although I didn't really open up to the idea, shared some heart warming experiences with me. Some of the best memories I had with her were Prom and whenever we use to hang around Wunsche. Even though I didn't find her very attractive, I enjoyed having her as a friend. 
In Wunsche there was another attractive girl, who was from India, I use to walk down the halls with to my chemistry class. We didn't really know each other and we rarely talked but we would often interact with each other by playfully bumping into each other, pulling on each other's back packs and competing with each other by racing through the crowds until we reach a door frame on the first floor. Then I would wave at her as we went inside our classes. 


Also in my time attending Carl Wunsche Acadamy, there was a girl I use to walk home with. Her name was Julia. She was a hyper energetic and beautiful pale skin girl with golden blond hair. I remembered she used to wear punk clothes before she transferred to Wunsche. Me and her shared Algebra II and Animation class together. Sometimes we would drive the teacher crazy by talking too much. Nevertheless, at the time she did have a boyfriend; however, she would still snatch my hand while walking home. Sometimes at school or even walking home, she would jump on my back. One time she nearly tackled me to the ground, because my backpack was too heavy with useless government and economic textbooks.


The next sequence of heartwarming moments was when I was in Arizona visiting my aunt’s house for Christmas. I met a girl named Amanda that was one of my cousin’s friends. I think the first time I saw her was when she came over to my aunt’s house, we played the Nintendo Wii and I think she spent the night on the basement/first floor of my aunt’s house. When we traveled around to nearby towns in my aunt’s large travel van, we would pick her up and hang out in the back seat. I remember driving back and falling asleep on the back seat. Since there was a lack of space, we snuggled close to each other.


These wonderful past memories doesn't compare to when I was in my first year in college and living in a house in the front of my old subdivision. The first time I saw my neighbor Kristen was when I was playing my old Pearl drum set and i saw her walking home from school.  The bus dropped her off and I watched her walk to her house with her books in her arms.


One day when I was designing a level for level design class in college (it was a sky scrapper level that had an alien space ship crash into it and you had to fight enemies to get to the first floor of the level before fighting a very tall alien hell bender in the street below), Kristen, also nicknamed Little K , came upstairs to the entertainment room we had and surprised me when I saw her for the first time. We joked, talked and she showed me bruises on her legs that she didn't even know where she got it from. I showed her my level for game design and from then on we became fast buddies. That same night my whole family gathered to watch a movie. My mom invited her to watch a movie with us. Even though I still didn't completely know her, me and her shared the sofa and laid across from each other at opposite ends of the sofa. She had her legs on top of mine and we shared a blanket over each other as we watched the movie, I would fight her legs to put my leg on top of hers and she would fight mine. Even though there was a huge age gap, me being 19 and she was 14, we got along extremely well.


After that day, she would go to and from my house frequently. I personally always felt she was more like a guy friend than a girl-friend. She would come over very often and her, her little sister, my brother, and I would just hang out, play videogames, joke, or talk. Sometimes we would jump the gate to go to the elementary school’s park and swing on the swing sets. Many times she would invite friends to hang out with us. Since I could drive, I would often drive them around and we would go to our friend’s house and hang out there.


There was one time after watching a movie, the day I made fun of her wearing a skirt, she cuddled right beside me and we fell asleep together. When I woke up she had her head leaning against my chest and I held her in my arms. It was the first time where I had an extremely heartfelt feeling burning inside me, it was a feeling I still find difficult to explain. Despite our age difference, I felt like I had developed a secret deep feelings for this person. Being that I was shy and didn't look for trouble, I kept myself from going overboard with emotions. Instead, I demonstrated my feelings by being nice, compassionate, playful, and kind. The next week, I met another friend of hers called Mariana. We gave her the nickname marijuana, because we thought it was funny. After talking and laughing for a long while in the guest bedroom, they both curled and huddled up beside me, using me as a body pillow we all fell asleep together. I leaned my head against Kristen’s head and laid there caressing her arm. I remember Mariana picking my arm hairs as we laid there not saying a word. This was by far the most heartwarming experience I had ever felt in my life. Even now, nothing compares to the feeling of heart warmth I felt when I was around them. We continued to be friends until I moved to another house at the back of our subdivision. They visited often, but it wasn't quite the same. 


My next heart warming experience came from a very interesting Vietnamese girl. I met her one day at a friends house. She had an incident where I was in a position to help her. We got to know each other more and since I had nothing else to do with my time other than study for college, I spent a lot of my time with her driving her around Houston, to malls, and various restaurants. I treasured the time I had with her as they were delightful and sometimes driven me to interesting situations. My most heart warming moments with her were eating crawfish and washing our hands with lemon and water to remove the scent of crawfish on our fingers.  I prized the silent times we had with each other or the times we would sing popular songs on the radio when driving around. Although misfortunes and misunderstandings had occurred, I feel a place in my heart to cherish such delightful times.


 
My most current moments I had that were heartwarming, was with a south pacific islander friend I met in Japanese class. A lot can be said about my interesting and perhaps unique friendship I have had with her and continue to have with her till this day. My most heart warming experience I've had with her was when we would lay in bed and talk about very interesting and philosophical topics; when we drove to various places singing my favorite songs; when you taught me how to do amazing massages; and how we use to dance in the living room to kpop songs, even though it was obvious I couldn't dance. These were my most heart warming times. I'm glad I was able to share my self with such an amazing, life changing and intellectual person. I hope there will be more memories to come. ... Especially since you still owe me bulgogi (Korean dish).  


I will forever cherish the heartwarming feelings I have experienced in life. I pray that I will have more experiences similar to that further in life. Every time I think about the heartwarming times I have had, I feel a warm feeling deep inside my soul. It’s a feeling that cannot be replaced nor forgotten. It helps keep me going and always manages to bring a warm smile to my face. I long for the time when I can have that feeling once more. It’s a feeling I hope to one day share and experience with others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment